Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jurassic Park is Frightening in the Dark...

I was walking down the hall at work, and suddenly the overwhelming smell of candy sweetness enveloped me.

Instantly it made me think if a Jurassic Park themed candy that had come out back in '94 when the original movie was released.

They were called Spitters Jawbreakers and they were the most delicious little fruity-sweet jawbreaker balls I've ever tasted. Over the years I've only ever found them again once, but often I think of them, wishing I'd had the forethought to stockpile a lifetime supply.

There's always something a bit mystical about scent triggered memories. I find myself chasing the smell about, because unlike visual memories... when I get a memory triggered by scent, it's like being transported back to the entire atmosphere of the time. It's like 5 seconds in a time-machine, and I love it.

On an unrelated note, I think my blog needs to be redone in a Halloween theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment