Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm giving away a blog award!


I've been blogging for about 7 months now and in that very short period of time, through the mysterious world of blogland, I have met some very, very amazing people.

People who have helped me on my way in bear making, people who have inspired me through their work and their blogs, people who have encouraged me and people who have complimented and enjoyed what I have made so far... it's for people like these that I have made this award.

Yeah... it's starting here... and maybe it's too goofy... but it's to point out and appreciate blogland interactions that repeatedly make my day better, whether through amazing thoughtfulness, a simple comment or inspiring work and posts in their blog.

If you haven't visited the blogs I'm giving this award to... please do! They are filled with talent, humor and amazingly kind-hearted people :)

Here's how it works!

If you receive this award, please share one artist that is inspirational to you (but not an artist you plan on giving the award to) and then pass the award along to 8 people who have inspired you, helped you, made you laugh... you know, 8 people you REALLY appreciate. :)

First, an artist that inspires me:


This is the cover illustration of Gashleycrumb's Tinies... a rather... gruesome book by one of my all time favorite illustrators... Edward Gorey.
He was a strange, strange man and I love him for it!


Now, the blogs to which I give this award!

H 1. bearbits
O 2. bingle bears
O 3. A Stuffed Life
T 4. Skunkboy Creatures
H 5. Rainbow Project
O 6. Bearly Sane
O 7. Cart Before The Horse
T 8. Ciia... What's Up?


Here is a smaller version :)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the prize!!!
    When you wannt I'm start to read your pullip mail!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya sweetie! Got your message and I thank you for such a lovely award. I hope you won't mind too much if I do a post a little down the track as I have a lot on at the moment and I really would like to do it justice.
    Thank you also for your kind words of support.
    Warmest hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, That is the cutest little design. I can see your fingerprints all over it. Thank you so very much for the award - I think I will give it right back to you! Or maybe you should get the 2.5 version - double hoot and a half!

    All the best,
    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! Happy 2010! Lovely award! Congrats to all the lucky recipients! Thanks so much for your sweet visit! I really appreciate your touching comment. Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are welcome... :)

    I've really appreciated you guys :)

    ReplyDelete