Here is a Holiday bear I made, he's red and festive and this is the first time I really tried the whole facial needle sculpting thing. :)
Also, let me say, I truly appreciate the concern people have expressed for my absence.
2009 has possibly been the worst year I've had in a long time. Here's what went wrong this year:
1. One of my best friend's father's unexpectedly died at 54 (from, essentially, bronchitis, so please please, if you have a lingering cough, get it checked and watch it closely)
2. My sister's husband, who we all thought was perfect (and all his friends and family thought this too), turned out to be a pedophillic, cheating jerk (I'm truly refraining my language here)
3. My boyfriend, who up until even the very day before, had been claiming he loved me... dumped me because he is going to leave for grad school in 8 months and may need to sleep with other people.
4. Grandma had a heart attack
5. AND I've been in and out of the hospital a lot with quite a few 'undiagnosable' maladies, and stuck with more needles than I care to think about.
Between funerals, broken hearts and hospitals... I'm feeling very spread thin emotionally... so... I say, BRING ON 2010!!!! I've had enough of this 2009 business.
Despite all of that, I am thankful to have found a wonderful community in the Teddy Bear folk, you guys have really given me something to look forward to everyday. I love reading your blogs.
I am also thankful for friends and family and their love and support... and I'm thankful for knowing these are all things that, while horrible, are things I am strong enough to make it through.
But... seriously.... I'm done with 2009!